Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Toured the Hospital Yesterday

[ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY OTHER PERSONAL BLOG ON May 21, 2012]

Reg & I went on the tour of TCH's new Women's Pavilion and it was pretty impressive. I love that it's a new hospital (opened in March) and therefore I am praying it's not as filthy as most hospitals, less E Coli, staph infection, etc. I found the Pavilion listed on my insurance website today so that's good; I still need to figure out if I'm covered under Midwife services. They sent me an email saying I wasn't but I heard from a birthing center that they can be covered under "Nurse Practitioners." God I hope so. I want to birth with a midwife!!!

Have shown the baby video to a few people, and to my family last nite at dinner. I was craving cheese enchiladas from La Mexicana so that's where we went. To my delight, my bro and his GF have agreed to be with me when I deliver, even if it means they'll miss work! Yay! I told Reg my bro makes me laugh and also he's a pharmacy tech so I might need him to interpret if I need any meds which I am not planning on needing except for maybe an analgesic. And his GF has a teen so I might need her birthing experience/expertise as mine goes down. She even offered to film it (she's filmed a couple other births) but I haven't decided if that'll happen yet or not.

I was craving Chinese buffet on Sat so that's what Reg & I had for dinner between my 2 gigs. Right now I'm just feeling tired again. Sleepy, even on 8 hrs sleep last nite. I'm definitely looking forward to my energy returning in a couple weeks at 2nd trimester. Reg & I are planning our "babymoon" trip, I've told him I don't care where we go. We both recently got our passports so it could be anywhere, it's just based on price/convenience/etc. So glad I have tonite off and I can't wait for this Tuesday jam gig to be over with at the end of May. I'm just TIRED, y'all.

Last Thursday, I think it was, I finally had to undo the button on my pants at work. My middle is definitely thicker. But b/c I have such a short waist and long legs I already own a lot of long/loose tops (since I tend to pair them with short skirts/shorts), empire waist tops, things like that, so I think I can get away w/out maternity wear for a loooong while. Will prob have to buy some pants though. Lotsa that stuff on Craigslist and I will definitely exploit that resource!

No comments:

Post a Comment