Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baby Heartbeat

[ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY OTHER PERSONAL BLOG ON May 17, 2012]

Had my 2nd U/S today, which was scheduled b/c the OB/GYN just wanted to make sure the baby is ok. I scheduled it specifically for today so Reg could be there but unfortunately he had to work after all and just couldn't get anyone to cover for him. Sad, but at least he's making $ for us and the baby. The Dr. had a resident with her and I am 9w/1-2 days today. The baby is much much bigger than the last U/S but it is measuring right on target! It is now filling the uterus up! And it has little arm/leg buds (I knew in advance from reading so wasn't surprised) and it was wiggling and moving around like crazy! Yes, this IS Reg's baby!!! Then we saw the tiny heart beating and I wasn't sure we'd be able to hear it but sure enough the Dr. turned up the machine volume and we sure as hell heard it! I burst into tears--I couldn't help it plus I'm emotional these days anyway. She asked if I wanted a video so the resident took my phone and made a video of the baby moving around (its little head is so big already!) and we got the heart beating too. Amazing. The Dr. said b/c the baby is moving around so much her vote is that's a boy. We'll know for sure at ~20 weeks!

Yesterday I went for an orientation with the midwives group at St. Lukes/Texas Children's Hospital and I liked everything I heard. On Sunday Reg and I will tour the actual hospital. I'm going to sign up with them. They are into doing natural births, have extremely low rates of episiotomies, epidurals, and C-sections and I just like the style of midwifery. Women-friendly. Baby-friendly. Birth is a natural part of life, not a medical procedure. My baby will stay with me the whole time after it's born and will immediately begin to breastfeed. Yep! Sign me up!

I'm feeling even more tired/sleepy/exhausted these days, as if that were possible. I can now sleep sitting up in my chair at work (reclined, but still). I have to lie down in my car on all breaks at all gigs. Last nite Reg and Paul even put a chair up onstage for me, which I didn't ask for but accepted and ended up appreciating immensely. Otherwise, still no morning sickness/nausea (thank God!) and my boob soreness has tapered off but I'm feeling like I'm even colder than ever everywhere I go. My black pashmina and leather jacket travel with me now, always. The Dr. said the baby will eventually make me feel hot. Really??? Also, poor Reg has been the brunt of 3 yelling/angry spells by me. Sure, he triggered them but didn't really deserve them. I have warned him to just be careful right now and that this is temporary. He's amazing and so wonderful to me and I'm so happy this is his baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment