Thursday, October 18, 2012

20 Weeks! Halfway Done!

[ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY OTHER PERSONAL BLOG ON July 31, 2012]


So yes, I have been feeling the baby move since last Monday. I spent a few days wondering if it was gas and then just assuming it was gas but everyday since Monday I still had my doubts, especially as Weds. and Thurs. came around. Sure, I'm pregnant and have gas but gas like that was ridiculous! Finally on Saturday I realized what I'm feeling is indeed that little wiggler moving around in there. Feels like tiny elbows/knees! Just goes to show you that every pregnancy is unique b/c everyone said when you 1st feel the baby move it feels like "nervous butterflies" or "popcorn popping." Bull butter! This baby boy is not that subtle! Those are his little arms/legs/hands/feet bumping me! I'm guessing I'll get used to the feeling b/c now that I know it's him everytime I feel it I'm like, "Whoop!" But it's great and I'm grateful for the sensation. This morning when we woke up Reg spoke to the baby and he moved. Awesome! Of course he needs to learn to respond to his daddy's voice too!

Tomorrow is the appt. with the perinatologist, Dr. H. I am praying praying praying my cervix is ok. I feel fine, I feel great, the baby is wiggling, I just need my cervix to be ok and hopefully longer than the 2.8 cm it was at 15 weeks. I've been taking it soooo easy, sitting all day at work instead of going for walks and lounging around at home at night. Sitting at my gigs, not lifting ANYTHING anymore, even my bass or the cat. We have our cruise (our "babymoon") leaving this Saturday and we've both been looking forward to it so much. I've always wanted to go on a cruise!!! Another thing I've done, since the OB/GYN Dr. E said he heard this could help the cervix, is up the protein in my diet: yogurt, meat, nuts, bacon, cheese, and even today had a peanut butter/jelly sandwich! I'm willing to do anything at all in order to make sure my cervix stays A-OK for my baby boy, or as I call him now, "The Wiggler"!

Week 20

No comments:

Post a Comment