Thursday, October 18, 2012

22 Weeks and Back From Babymoon!

[ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY OTHER PERSONAL BLOG ON August 15, 2012]


The babymoon vacation cruise was AWESOME. I got tan all over thanks to my bikinis. I ate ice cream everyday. The food on Carnival left a lot to be desired but I did eat some good things. The best food was in Mexico though, we had lunch at the shore on Playa Bonita (aptly named indeed!) where I had a shrimp burrito with a million little shrimp falling out of it and then the next day in Progreso where I ate fresh fish (grouper) caught that morning with a pile of corn tortillas, rice, and a huge slice of avocado! I rested on the boat in the sun, read, relaxed, slept lots... just what I freakin' needed. I'd love to do a cruise again but next time perhaps Royal Caribbean b/c their food is really good from all accounts.

Baby boy in utero turned 21 weeks on the cruise and 22 weeks yesterday. Last Saturday morning I believe I felt him move from the outside for the 1st time! He seems to start his wiggling thing almost always after I eat something. Today I swear I felt him kick AND punch at the same time. Oof! At the Dr. last Thursday (the day we came back from the cruise) my tummy measured at 21.5 cm which was perfect for the baby being 21 weeks old. He is in breech position (he won't turn until later on, closer to when he's getting ready to be borned) and that's why I feel his little kicks below my bellow button! I'll see the Dr. again on 9/6 at 25 weeks which is also when I'll do my glucose tolerance test.

Reg has started talking to the baby everyday. We have an expensive baby heart monitor on loan from his neighbor and I think it might be ok to try starting to hear the baby's heartbeat. I do know that mine sounds like a beat-beat and the baby's should sound like a swish-swish. His heartbeat was 141 at the Dr's last week--excellent!

Week 22

No comments:

Post a Comment