Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Pregnancy Experience Thus Far

[ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY OTHER PERSONAL BLOG ON July 13, 2012]

Wow, I have to say I have had it pretty damn easy so far and you bet your azz I am extremely grateful for this. For example, this list and how I relate to it:

The 12 things you miss most during pregnancy

  • A normal sense of smell - This is about how hypersensitive many preggo's noses are. I have noticed I can smell things a bit stronger and I am a bit more sensitive to smells but b/c of my chronic allergies I am so frequently stuffed up anyway this is not a major issue like it is for a lot of women--having to leave restaurants and such.
  • Booze - Yep, this is a big one for me! :) However I am enjoying saving all the $ I spent on booze. I don't miss being hungover though, and driving-impaired.
  • Off-limits foods - I miss sushi, sure, but it's not a big deal. I do miss turkey sandwiches but I have had them twice, just trying to limit them. My big thing here is bleu cheese and feta cheese!!! I did have a Greek salad last weekend but picked most of the feta off, though ate a little bit.
  • Peaceful sleep - Well, now that I'm committed to getting 8hrs of sleep that's helping but now that I'm no longer allowed to sleep on my back I am trying to get used to sleeping with the body pillow. The pillow is great but in the mornings my hips ache a little bit; I'm hoping that will abate. Also I seem to pee more than most preggo's, the talk of getting up 3X/night and I'm more like 5.
  • Cute shoes - I bought some cute flats but yes, I miss wearing my heels at gigs. I will continue to wear heels to work/social events, I just don't want to wear them while standing for 3 hr gigs anymore.
  • Feeling sexy - Now that my tummy is looking less "blobby" and more "baby bump" this is not an issue really. I can't wait to wear baby bump-revealing tops! I already bought bikinis to show it off, and my boobs are so huge now (from 34B to 38C already!) they certainly help me feel sexy!
  • A rocking sex life - No issues here, except for my waning libido during the 1st trimester, although now I'm no longer supposed to be on my back so we're working around that.
  • Feeling strong and independent - I've had to get used to not carrying my gig gear myself anymore, my bass case, amp, cab's. But fortunately Reg is insisting and Paul also doesn't seem to mind at all.
  • Being included - Not an issue. I'm so busy and active I actually appreciate time to myself even more these days.
  • Your pre-pregnancy body - Not an issue b/c I appreciate my pregnant body and the changes it's undergoing; I'm fascinated, to be honest. However I do miss not being able to wear so many of my cute clothes.
  • Emotional control - I haven't had psychotic moments like so many other preggo's, although I did lose it a few times in the 1st trimester. Otherwise my mood has been pretty stable so far throughout.
  • Caffeinating like you used to - No issue, I'm not a caffeinator and never have been!
So yes, I admit I am very lucky, although I've been warned I still have a long way to go and anything could happen. But I'm not concerned, I'm good at rolling with the punches and this whole experience is still fascinating and interesting to me! At any rate, I am always grateful for everything that happens b/c as I learned in soul rehab, it's all a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment